Sunday, October 15, 2006

Globalization

Approaching the Fall Break, I am now finishing my assignments and final presentations. Next Tuesday, I will have plenty of time for interviews and case preparation. I hope I will have also the opportunity to travel a little bit around Ann Arbor. But the most important is to be completely free to prepare better my interview skills.

These days, I was amazed by the diverse places my family and best friends have been visiting or working.
First, Arnaud. We met briefly in Paris and now he is in Russia, enjoying his new environment and being actively envolved in a new internship assignment in an advertising company in Moskow. He seems to be really pleased despite the cold weather and the obvious differences with India, our previous internship location... du grand Arnaud!

Few days later, my best friend from the Brazilian epoque, Benoit, sent proudly news from Tokyo. Working in the French Finance Ministery, he was missionned there and enjoyed this paradise for tech addicted... like him..

Then, it was Philippe who gave me news. That guy visited more than 40 countries and he's living in London... and ouf!!! he was neither in Maldivas Island nor Bahamas but in London... working... at least there is a justice!!!

And finally, IOLENE, my wife arrived at Bangkok yesterday. 11 hours are separating Michigan time and Thailand... which turns communication difficult... Nevertheless I am glad for her because generally I am the one who is on the road in our couple... this time...she took her revenge... Well, thinking about it... it seems that we are like repulsive magnets... physically far away but so close in our mind...

6 comments:

Alan said...

E a família De Paulo desembarca em Londres na próxima sexta-feira e daí é a minha vez de viajar um pouco também - para vê-los e também celebrar os meus 30 anos!
Aliás, uma pena você não estar por aqui essa semana, teremos o jantar da Semana da América Latina lá em HEC e até roda de samba vai rolar...
Grande abraço e boa sorte nas entrevistas.

Anonymous said...

Acho q escolhi a minha revanche muito longe!! Estou adorando a cidade, mas seria muito melhor descobrila com vc dq com meu chefe!!
vivement paris, estarei mais proxima de vc!!
Quem sabe daqui a duas semanas estarei na alemanha?? pelo menos é na europa!!
bisous
ioio

Anonymous said...

We travel, we communicate, we share, we forget, we remember but I will be happy to see you again, drink a red wine and dance on the top of a bar with some old brazilian movie stars speaking german.

"Ca tourne"

Anonymous said...

We travel, we communicate, we share, we forget, we remember but I will be happy to see you again, drink a red wine and dance on the top of a bar with some old brazilian movie stars speaking german.

"Ca tourne"

Anonymous said...

We travel, we communicate, we share, we forget, we remember but I will be happy to see you again, drink a red wine and dance on the top of a bar with some old brazilian movie stars speaking german.

"Ca tourne"

Anonymous said...

We travel, we communicate, we share, we forget, we remember but I will be happy to see you again, drink a red wine and dance on the top of a bar with some old brazilian movie stars speaking german.

"Ca tourne"