Saturday, December 02, 2006

Life is short and good times almost gone

Gosh!!! Just the time to have a break on my blog and almost one month has gone since my last update... I received many claims so that shows that this blog is at least read by many of us, not only by my spouse and my cat.

The weather here is freezy. But Ann Arbor holds its charm and it is a pleasure finally to discover Michigan in the cold and windy days. I have still something like a couple of weeks to stay there and I am sure I will miss many things : the new friends (the French connection: Gilles, Anne, Taoufik; the Brazilian connection: Henrique, Wanine, Renata and the US connection: Sarah, Neil, Maggie, Matt... and the international community: Felix, Jonas, Iota, Gabriel, Camila, Suzana, etc etc), the Starbucks coffee, the class atmosphere and the excellent teachers.

This month has been highly crucial because I have some replies from interviews and I have now to make important choices that will determine the future. Basically, I manage to reach my employer objective but that requires significant life change. I have also the option to continue my career in similar areas in which I was previously. It's not so ambitious and intellectually challenging but at the end of the day, I don't know really what is the best trade off.

Well those questions are common when you arrive at the end of your MBA and it is always better to have several options than none. So, maybe the best is to take my time, continue my interview schedule and try to make the most suitable decision. This job search even if I have some rejections has been positive for the moment. It was one of the major challenges since I am not really gifted in "market" myself. At least I manage to improve this in my profile. The other great point has been my travels. Thanks to interviews I travelled a lot: Chicago, New York... and I could have gone to Orlando and ... Chile but since these opportunities were not so interesting than those I have already secured, I preferred stay at home (!!!).

Promised! I will keep everybody aware of my final destination. So don't forget to have a look there.

4 comments:

Alan said...

Georges, pelo mandas manda um e-mail contando mais dessas novidades...nao vou ficar esperando ate a decisao final nao!
Grande abraco e ate mais.
PS - De qualquer forma, vc. vem a Paris antes do Natal, certo?

Anonymous said...

Bom, sei q as propostas sao sedutoras, qto mais sedutora, mais longe de paris ;-) !! Entao posso te dizer q estou disposta a viajar..., como sempre disse, vou aonde vc for!!! E sei tb q vc fica onde eu ficar!! Entao vamos nos acertar!!!

Te amo!!

P.S. Vc sabe q ja realizei meu sonho, agora é sua vez!!

Unknown said...

You speak like an adult. Be careful or you will turn an Antoine Quinzin clone and you will join the UMP.

Alan said...

Já voltou Georges?
Manda notícias...
Feliz Natal pra você e Iolene.